Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Opening Night


Well friends, The Elephant Man opens tomorrow (Thursday the 20th) ...well it actually offically opens on Friday, but the preview tomorrow is all sold out...I can't believe that it's actually time to just go ahead and do the show. I'm nervous. But excited too. All the normal feelings I'm sure (Although I'm finding I have an uncontrollable urge to drum on people heads when I'm in the grocery store...that's just normal pre-show jitters right?....RIGHT?!). The cast is really great and the show has really come together this past week. On the outset a three week rehearsal period seemed so short to me. At Calvin we rehearsed for like three months and then only got to perform six shows. The Elephant Man has a shorter run than any of the other shows at Pacific Theatre this season and it's still over a month long with 5 shows a week Anyway I just thought I'd write to let you all know that the big day has arrived and to ask for prayers that the show goes well. I'll write more later!

Posted by Ryan 10/19/05

4 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Morgan said...

Well, at least you get enough performances that you have lots of chances to get it right (should you screw it up some night). I remember in high school when we would perform a show and we'd say "Hey guys, we get to do this ONE MORE TIME!!"

 
At 11:40 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Karl Boettcher said...

And now we know is in the Show...

 
At 12:25 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Jacqui & Ryan said...

Karl- did you mean "now we know WHO is in the show?"

~Ryan

 
At 7:00 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Karl Boettcher said...

Yes, I often seem to omit words in my comments. Maybe it is because I overthink them. My whole point is that many of us were unsure of who exactly was in the show, but now we know who it is. Mmmmm.....explain things when you've been an idiot is fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home