Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring

Man am I loving spring. Last night I was out on the side walk at 10:30 or so and it felt perfect to me. The trees smelled amazing, the temperature was lovely, the night was quite. I love the in between seasons so much.

It's amazing to me that each year that we (or at least those of us fortunate to get 4 distinct seasons...sorry San Diego) react to the change in season as if it's the first time it's ever happened. You'd think we'd get used to it; that it'd be come common place. But no, every year people get excited about the end of winter and the advent of Spring. It's not just Spring either, excitement over seasonal change seems to happens between every single season: People waiting for the heat of summer, the change in the air and the autumn leaves in fall and of course the first snow as we slide into winter.

I love that. For some reason I like that, in general, from children to grandparents, that we're still surprised, still expectant, still excited about change even if it is just the weather.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, April 27, 2008, Blogger Jessie said...

Yes! I'm so glad for spring to wake me up year after year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home