Friday, February 06, 2009

Hoke Update

It's been a long time since I last posted. A lot has happened in the past few months so I thought I would give a brief update on what's been going on lately.

December came and went with a flourish--travels to Vancouver, Christmas, and snow storms a plenty. Then the New Year's Festival happened. Woo boy. Howdy. It was awesome, crazy, fun, and exhausting all at the same time. I can't wait for next year.

January was tough. A week into January we had one of the saddest weeks of our lives when we said good by to Oscar, our amazing, beautiful, 12 year old wiener dog. Due to some aggressive back issues in the course of less than a week he went from happy and healthy to unable to walk. We tried surgery and for unknown reasons there were complications. He passed away in our arms on January 10th. The following weeks were hard as we grieved. He was my dog from childhood and Jacqui had loved him as if she'd known him all his life. He was the best one, part of our family, and we miss him a lot.

February has been good so far. Cold, icy, and good. Jacqui had her first snow day since starting her new job at Franklin University, and who doesn't love a good snow day? Since then Columbus has been a sheet of ice but today, TODAY, the sun has come out and I can see steady drips from my office window. It's warming my heart.

I'll making a February 6th Resolution to write on this blog more. It's fun for me and I don't do it enough. Stay tuned...

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, February 09, 2009, Blogger Morgan said...

Good to see you back! I grieved for Oscar from afar with you that week, by the way.

 
At 1:42 PM, February 10, 2009, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks man. It was (and still is tough) not to have him around. He was such a great dog.

 
At 11:24 AM, March 02, 2009, Blogger Mandi said...

oh man. i know i'm a bit late for this, but i'm so sorry about oscar. it's really hard to lose a good friend. poor guy. i hope things are getting a little easier for you at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home