Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Poem

Untitled

My breath hits the glass and the molecules collide.
There is carbonated death in the air as
atoms twist and condense between streetlights.
and through windows warfare sparks in the millimeters between souls.

I’ve traded in circles of light for smoke,
walking down crooked sidewalks with
burlap sacks of ash and soot,
scattering filament and fog over the shoulders of strangers and lovers alike.
Once perfect photons tarnished, collapsing into neon knots
and phosphorescent ghosts.

In the middle of the day
we wake to dreamy silence deafened by the
heavy weight in our brains, wearing chemicals
like overcoats, enthralled with the backside of shadows,
trying to look underneath and peel back electrons from thin air.

I have given too much and asked for too little.
Accustom to the haze I shield my eyes from the blinding blaze
and wait for morning to come.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, May 15, 2009, Blogger Morgan said...

Fantastic. I started putting music to it in my head, and that made me think that I'd love to do a couple tracks of you reading poetry on top of some sort of music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home