Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Post Opening Night

Well opening night has come and gone. Friday night we played to a sold out house (the house is small to begin with-only 128 seats but still it was cool to have so many people come) which was fun. There was all the fun opening night stuff: thoughtful cards and trinkets from the stage managment and director, a green room full of random gifts and flowers and sweets. (There's currently enough chocolate in our green room to...to...to...well to do something that requires a lot of chocolate. Seriously, there's probably about 5-6 lbs of different chocolate thingees for people to nibble on. I find this weird because as I understand chocolate really gums up the vocal cords....sort of a vital thing for actors. What's next giant decorative tubs of yogurt...huge gift steins full of milk...individually wrapped cream cheese chunks?...Champaign flutes of BATTERY ACID!?...organic sachets of LIQUID DEATH??)

Another interesting thing was before tonight I had yet to see any of the other cast do warm-ups and I wondered "perhaps professional actors just don't do warm ups. Maybe there just always warm" and then I would sneak off to a locked side room to do my own bu-duh-gu-da's in seclusion. But when I arrived at the theatre I heard the distinct sounds of warming up and when I came in the door it was nice to see a random smattering of cast peeps jumping, stretching and making interesting noises as only actors can. It warmed my heart.

It was also fun to actually finally do the show. I didn't have any major mess ups and it was great to actually do what I've been rehearsing for so long. Thanks to everyone who offered up prayers for me! I really wanted to have a picture for this post but I don't have an appropriate one. Maybe sometime soon I'll get Jacqui to snap one of me in my one man band costume just to give you all a clear mental picture.



*This moment was inspired by an imaginary conversation I had with Morgan Foster in my head.

5 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Karl Boettcher said...

Love the classic rant. Glad the show is going well.

 
At 11:17 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Ryan said...

this has nothing to do with the post or anything but since we don't have a phone I thought it might be the best way to get a message to my beloved wife. If you are not said wife feel free to ignore this:

Jacqui try and remember to bring in your cute blue shoes for Rebecca.

Ryan

 
At 12:50 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Morgan said...

I'm Dead!!

 
At 2:23 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Ryan said...

Janna-
Sista! I miss you! I just can't seem to get away from being plastered around Calvin's campus can I? Just wait the As You Like It thing will be on the website before you know it...and not a penny of reparations will be seen by me-starving actor in desparated need of reparations that I am. Shoot me an email sometime with an update on la vida de mi hermana.

 
At 12:49 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Jessie said...

Oh! My goodness! I want to start leaving Karl post-it style notes on our comments from our blog too. That is cooler than cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home