Thursday, December 08, 2005

Narnia Mania

Is anyone else incredibly excited about this movie? I'm really looking forward to it. I find myself inexplicably drawn to the Narnia website about once a day to watch the latest trailer. Last night I spent a good long while puttering around the website and watching all the mini-featurettes they have about various items of interest: the director,the story, locations used, special effects, etc. Good times, friends. Good times.

I think I read the books when I was a kid, but I know that I was too young to see any spiritual significance in them. About a year ago I was compelled to read them again and I was blown away. Really they are quite amazing. The language is so simple and beautiful and the way everything fits together as a picture for something even bigger than the story itself amazed me. I was sad that I hadn't read them sooner.

So yeah, I'm quite enthusiastic about the film. At this point all I have left to describe my eagerness is scattered word fragments organized alphabetically. Here goes: Aslan, exciting,lamp post,
Narnia, opening night, swords, tomorrow, spiritual metaphors, WETA workshop, whew!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Jessie said...

I'm excited, and we're looking forward to being able to see them!

I'm really amazed at the way the spiritual layers of the story gain meaning and texture each time you read them. I was kind of aware of the 'allegorical' level of the story the first time around, but I think the books (and CS Lewis's work in general) is written with a real respect for the varying intelligences of people of different ages. There is no talking down here, there is only the possibility for deepening your awareness and thoughtfulness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home